There is now a new official certification available. It is called the VMware Certified Associate (VCA). The certification is available for multiple tracks and the three available are: VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM and VCA-DCV. The certification fits in below the normal VCP exam. Here are some key points about the VCA
- It does not require the individual to schedule an appointment at a testing facility. It can be taken at home, at work, or in class.
- It does not require any special apps, just a modern internet browser.
- It has free elearning preparation materials to get them ready for the exam.
- There are currently three VCA certifications available à VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, VCA-DCV
- It is a GREAT way for someone to see how the VMware testing process works with content that is not as technical as the VCP exam.
- Upon passing the VCA exam, they become officially VMware certified!
You can read more about the certifications here: VCA-Cloud – VCA-WM – VCA-DCV
UPDATE: Use this voucher for 50% discount: VMRT6B404C7B
As a VMware instructor I have met a lot of students where this level is perfect. It is below the VCP but still an offical certification from VMware. It could also be that you are a VCP-DCV and have not done any work with Cloud or EUC yet. If that is the case the VCA is perfect for you to gain insight into the Cloud and EUC pillar.
When you complete the VCA-Cloud, do you get a certificate/diploma/piece of paper that states you are certified?
Yes, the certification is official and you can see it on your VMware mylearn profile. I imagine that VMware will sent you an official certificate.
Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated 😀